Friday, August 2, 2024

Just like That...August Is Back!

Ready or not, the school hat is on and off we go!

But...am I ready?  Yes...finally, after completing the busiest year ever and taking more than a month to begin feeling any inkling of joy for the prepping for the next one, I am ready.

Well, not ready ready...as I still have much to organize, as I have curriculum additions and other hats to wear.  But that happy back-to-school feeling is back!

After some discussion for several years, our department will begin a "new" (new to us) section of English 11 (with intentions to offer year two next year), with a focus on business, technology, future story...all wrapped up...for those kiddos who are not aiming for college but for a more blue-color work focus (and will end up making more money than I do!).  Very excited about this...more thinking on this...just as soon as I wrap my head around this, as I am starting with just a list of standards!

The math adds up to four preps this year...have not had that load in a while.  But!  Three I have taught for several years...will just keep refining those.

I am blessed.  Because of the two pre-educator classes (Intro to Education and Education Technology), much has come to my room in the form of Cricut, laminator, plotter printer, cart of laptops...yes, blessed!  Very good time to be in education in my classroom!  

Much to do...lessons to plan, canvases to paint (more bees needed in my room!), activities to coordinate (still sponsoring two clubs)...with less than three weeks to do Day One of Year 34!


No comments:

Post a Comment