Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Grade Sheets...and Such

In my English 10 classes, I handed back a recently written three-chunk paragraph and asked them to create a grade sheet determining how much each component/part/sentence would be worth.  I heard...

  • "We made this worth too much."
  • "This is hard."
  • "I am just going to wait on Mrs. Gillmore to give us the points."
Interesting.

Should do this more often...before they write.  I know this.  Why do I not do what I know I should?  

You know the answer:  this assignment came to me on the spur of the moment...and it was a good one...of course!  Then, as they began handing them in, I knew...I knew they, too, had written on the spur of the moment.  Thus, today...we slowed down, worked on a common grade sheet, and then took the time to rewrite, this time earning the points on the grade sheet.

Good day in English 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment