Friday, August 17, 2018

Year 28...in 2018

Three days into this school year already!  My, time does fly when one is having fun...and when the days are just full!

Welcome to 2018-2019 in Cafe 16...where CAFE stands for Collaborating, Analyzing, Facilitating, Elaborating, all of which we shall engage much this upcoming year.

Yes, this is my 28th year in education.  Wow!  Time really has flown!  May I share not 28...not 18...just eight of the expectations I have for this year?

  1. To recover the joy of my career I had the first 14 years.
  2. To ever better prepare my students to think.
  3. To ever better prepare my students to know how to learn.
  4. To ever learn what inspires my students.
  5. To ever encourage reading...and reading...and reading.
  6. To empower my students to write more, reflect more.
  7. To encourage all my students to become involved within our high school community.
  8. To be the best teacher I have ever been.
There.

Not be be dramatic, but my years inside the classroom are numbered.  I am asked often when I will retire.  I will retire when I have accomplished numbers 1 and 8...and dread 2-7.  That year is not this year.  This is going to be the best one yet!

Welcome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment