Saturday, January 23, 2021

Time to Sing

 At some point this week, I realized how little I sing at school.

Now, just to clarify, I am not the world's best singer...at all.  I just enjoy making up lines and changing lyrics to other songs, thereby personalizing them.

Therefore, I made the change, lifting up my voice, singing greetings, creating jingles.

When did I stop stop singing?  Here are my conclusions:

  1. For the first time, this year, a student responded very negatively to my voice.  At the time, I did not reflect to realize that I may have let this affect me more than I should have. (I am sure this was NOT the first time for someone to not enjoy my lilting, Southern twang!)  Soooo...why this time?
  2. Teaching in a pandemic is harsh!  Have you noticed?  Last semester was the worst of the worst in my teaching career (will not have another...but that is another post...or is it?).  I allowed this pandemic to take away some of my joy.  Stop.  Stop it.  Right now...or last week...as I began to sing.  Again.  Loud.  Proud. Just singing.
What has this pandemic taken from you that you need to return?  Do it!  We win!

No comments:

Post a Comment