Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Quiet an Achievement!

How do you have a quiet yet quite competitive class you ask?

Have the students work on their nonverbal skills and build the tallest tower…all while the timer ⏱️ counts down the time. Then…have two tables join their towers together…shhhhh, no talking! Very interesting!

As part of English 11, students, also, receive oral communications credit. This means that more deliberate skills are embedded within the class. No better time than to begin than on the fourth day of school!

Don't kids just love a competition? Just total engagement!
And…as a whole-class presentation, we shared our future stories. See the last pic for my sample! I do have plans...for one day!...as retirement begins to approach.

Last Wednesday, I began year 33. As ready as I was not (what an incredible busy summer), I was still excited to return and begin again. I will know...one day...when that last year will begin, but until then, here we are to have fun, learn along the way, and better prepare these students for their future stories...and for mine! Maybe...just maybe, I will one day have a booth in one of those cutesy antiquish, booth-filled stores. Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment