Monday, January 1, 2024

More Intentions in 2024?

This tradition of writing intentions, I began about a decade ago after reading a blog post rationalizing the word change...gives one more grace when one initially fails at a resolution.  Grace...a beautiful thing.

As I look back over last year's intentions, I appreciate that grace, for I did not accomplish nearly enough, not even #1, which was to read Gone with the Wind...but!...I did begin this quite long text!  Therefore, this one remains as an intention!  Maybe this will be the year of accomplishments!

Here's to 2024 and 24 Intentions!

  1. Continue to read and finish Gone with the Wind...as I know am reading this one for a Book Club.  This is actually the third year this novel has made this list of Intentions. Going to make this one happen this year!
  2. Watch Gone with the Wind...only after having completed #1.
  3. Lose 52 pounds...one pound a week...OR four pounds a month.  That wording is so much friendlier...and doable...or so says my friend Andrew P.
  4. More water...less sodas.  
  5. Read an average of one book a week.  Hummm...see #1!  
  6. Attempt to complete several book challenges and clubs.  Click here to see the list! Why this challenge?  To push myself to read books out of my comfort zone!
  7. Read the Bible through...again...and complete Bible Studies (before going to the group meeting!).
  8. Teach with more focus on those who want to learn, hoping to inspire those who need more interest along the way.
  9. Read one professional read every two months. I receive five a year (and may or may not buy more!) through a professional membership.  Get to reading, Tammy!  
  10. Find good deals on books and buy/stock them up for 2024 Christmas gifts.  (I gave books away in 2022..but none as gifts in 2023.  Hummm...need to work on this one!)
  11. Give books as gifts for birthdays.  This one will take some planning, as birthdays tend to slip up on me! 
  12. Send birthday and thank you cards much more diligently!  At this, I am just so bad.  Really bad. Be better, Tammy.
  13. Blog...more.  Write, reflect...just write.  I start off the year much better than I end.  Why do I stop...for I really do enjoy this reflection process.
  14. Finish all the quilts I currently have started or promised to others AND make more quilts for others...and for me.  Gotta work on this...as I did not complete one quilt in 2022 or 2023.  Why not? My life has become too busy. 2023 was the busiest yet.  Need to slow down. 
  15. Paint.  Yes!  So much fun!
  16. Put away and pick up...especially in my car and house!  
  17. Focus on my One Word:  more.  For this, I did create a notebook in which to take notes on all my words, as I now have 14 such words.  Yes, I hope to focus more on all of them.
  18. Continue making time for my friend groups:  Meeting of the Minds and the Wildcats.  These groups mean much to me and keep me connected with their lives.
  19. Be even more involved in ALA and WRLC...two literacy groups, especially since I seemed to burn out a little...need to revive that fire!  
  20. Spend quality time with the fam, especially The Man and The Daughter.  
  21. Plan more gatherings here at the house for the church ladies and my Bible study group and other friend groups.
  22. Create and grow even more beautiful flowers than I did last year.  Especially begonias!  They love my front porch.
  23. Keep up a list of Honey-Dos for The Man, for, one, he likes staying busy, and, two, I like his creations!
  24. Maintain my National Board certification.  This is my year.

2024...going to be a good year!

How about you?  Resolutions?  Intentions?  One?  24?!

No comments:

Post a Comment