Sunday, February 28, 2016

Time with Harry

This year, a few peers and students and myself are rereading...or reading...whichever the case may be, the Harry Potter series, and tomorrow is our first meeting date to discuss The Sorcerer's Stone.

Since I did not plan ahead enough to purchase a frog mold, I am hoping that our imaginations will allow a substitution of chocolate!  One of our coaches has a Sorting Hat.  I am fairly determined to be in Gryffendor, as Harry is my adopted fictional son!  Now, if I have to be conniving to get into the house I want, does that mean I may not be a Gryffendor?!

When I began to share this read-along idea, I was pleasantly surprised at the interest.  Even on Facebook, when I shared the news, several friends and some of their students from neighboring schools quickly joined an online group I created here.

I am sure those rereading will be pleasantly surprised at what we have forgotten or never even noticed in our first read.  Multiple reads of a text can must be a very good thing.

Looking forward to lunch tomorrow.  I anticipate noise, excitement...and maybe some dismay when the Sorting Hat assigns houses.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment