Friday, April 1, 2016

National Poetry Month: Day 1

The Look So Bleak

Riding along,
Minding my own business,
Or so one would think,

A tidbit of knowledge
I did let leak.

Word
by
word
The look began to form.

"Your dad thinks
Tonight you should stay
HOME
and not go out
with The Boy."

We rolled along.
No comment.

"What do you think?"
I asked, in that voice so meek.

A long pause.
A response her brain did seek.

Focused I remain
on that phone screen,
definitely tongue in cheek.

"Okay.  I guess."

This girl.
To hurt her,
I cannot,
So
I
Speak,

"April Fool's."

"Mom!"

To her, I take a peek.
Appreciating my technique.

Smiles.

A great way to end this workweek,
This day,
April 1, 2016.

____________________________

National Poetry Month has arrived!  Yay!  While perusing online, I came across this Poem a Day Challenge.  Today's prompt:  write a foolish poem...in honor of April Fool's Day.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment