Monday, April 11, 2016

NPM: #9

During National Poetry Month, I will attempt to write a poem a day.

_________________________

Soul Medicine

Laughter
Good for me,
Good for friends,
Good for the audience.
Good.

Laughter
With girls,
With friends,
With soul sisters,
With 4100 Jesus Girls.
Giggle.

Laughter
About friends,
About mother-in-laws,
About frizzy hair and thighs,
About moments not to be forgotten.
Cackle.

Laughter
Towards jokes,
Towards groups,
Towards spanx and skinny jeans.
Towards memories brought to surface.
Roar!

Laughter
Releasing stress,
Releasing bitterness,
Releasing negative holds,
Releasing pressures inside held.
Smile.

Laughter
Good for the soul,
Good for the future,
Good for women to share.
Laugh, we did.

____________________________

This morning, while at Women of Joy, we listened...and laughed with...a Christian comedian.  I so enjoyed my time spent with my three lady roommates and travel companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment