Wednesday, September 7, 2016

RIP Challenge 2016

September has arrived and with it comes the RIP Challenge.  For the last several years, this has signaled, for me, the beginning of fall, which for some reason, and more so than usual, I am so in anticipation of its arrival.

Fall is such a favorite:  the smells, the temperatures, the colors...pumpkin spice coffee on a brisk morning, hot dogs and s'mores around the fire pit, the crunch of leaves on walks with The Man...all add up to a wonderful time of the year.

For this challenge, I am choosing Peril the First...or to read four books throughout the next two months.  This is the category I usually choose and, for most years, have completed.

I currently am reading Unwind, a book suggested by a student and one I had on my shelf; therefore, this one will be my first read.

Currently, my students and I are hosting a re-read of the Harry Potter series.  For this, I will read book three...The Prisoner of Azkaban.. (and maybe number four).  Earlier this summer, I read the 8th book...I enjoyed reacquainting myself with the characters again and meeting their children.  Very interesting read.

For our faculty book club we are reading Girl on the Train...not sure I would count that for this challenge, but I will certainly encourage their choosing one for October that I might add to this level of Peril.

I began The Historian a couple of years ago for a book club...yes, began.  I hope to pick that book up in October...re-read and complete the journey this time.  I remember enjoying the plot; just had too many obligations at the time.

One of my all-time favorite books remains Katherine Howe's The Physick Book Deliverance Dane.  I have yet to read her Conversion...so let's add that to the RIP TBR!

So...here goes...I hope to read the following:






No comments:

Post a Comment