Friday, July 14, 2017

Tammy's Travels

Hello from Orlando, Florida, where I am attending the ILA Conference with several friends/peers from the Arkansas Reading Association...after having just returned from a National Board Academy in Las Vegas.  Fun!  Excited!

This a first time to attend both of these conferences so much learning is occurring!

At the NBAcademy, we networked with representatives from 34 other states and developed a needed plan for state of Arkansas affiliate.  I am looking forward to progress within this organization.

Now, at ILA, we are here, also, to network for our upcoming conferences and book club and to brush up on my nerd skills (not much help needed in that area!) as I am excited about the line-up of authors here at conference:  Carol Jago, Ralph Fletcher, Kylene Beers, Robert Probst...and!  Am very much looking forward to the next four days!

Then, when I return to my home state of Arkansas, I will attend a two-day Google training, three days of Council Leadership Institute for leaders across our state in our reading affiliates, and four days of in-service for school...all back-to-back (with just one day off)...wow!  Yes, now in that back-to-school mode!

More about all this in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment