Saturday, April 1, 2017

NPM: #1 The Perfect Design

That time of the year has arrived again...National Poetry Month. For several years now, I have attempted to write a poem a day throughout this favorite month of mine...and found this quite the task, as this month also remains quite the busy time of the year as I finish up with four classes of seniors.  Thus, we shall see...yes?

Therefore, this year I am committing to writing a poem on the odd numbered days.  This seems a bit fitting, as some might consider this challenge a bit odd!

If you are reading and wishing to take the challenge also, join in!  Here are your options:

  1. Challenge 1 - The Epic:  A poem a day...yes, everyday!  You choose the topics and types of poetry you prefer.
  2. Challenge 2 - The Sonnet:  A poem every other day (evens or odd) and write at least 14 days this month.
  3. Challenge 3 - The Limerick:  A poem at least five time, for you are just here to have a good time and learn about yourself as a poet (aren't well, though?)
  4. Challenge 4:  The Haiku:  Three poems...as short as you would like them, for you just prefer to dabble a bit and tryout this challenge.
One winner from each category will be awarded a prize!  Just post a link to your blog in the comments below (or in any post in which I publish a new poem).  Add another comment when you have completed the challenge.  I look forward to your endeavor and the spirit behind the challenge being met.  Good luck!

Check back here also.

The Perfect Design

Placing photos, fonts, colors, text.
Creating a design, using beauty, no less.

Catching that gulp before escaping,
Memories for me are shaping.

The numbers adding up,
Thirteen years in school,
Seven in elementary,
Three in junior high,
Three in high school.
Plus...
Many friends, both girls...and boys.
Four heart surgeries.
Selfies galore.
Countless assignments.
Several grades of various letters.
Equals...
A soon-to-be alumna of Pioneer Land.

Of this girl I am proud.
For me she has wowed.

Her teacher I am.
Her mom I am.
Her friend I am.

This design so perfect,
Heart and lung, to man, a defect,
To her family, simply, a miracle, no doubt.
God's Grace forever we will shout.
Healing, growing, overcoming,
Smiling, laughing, becoming...

This design so beautiful,
Presenting to friends so suitable,
Wishing her years of success,
Standing by her nonetheless...
As the last events begin...
Prom, Banquet, Graduation...the end.

Wait!

Home she stays,
Loving her mom and dad always.
A teacher she plans to be.
Following in her mom's steps quickly.

Shhhhh...
Don't we all one day become our moms?

Shhhhh...
This secret we shall keep.

Placing photos, fonts, colors, text.
Creating a design, using beauty, no less.

Catching that gulp before escaping,
Memories for me are shaping.

My girl...a worker, a Christian, a senior.
My girl...of her I am a believer.
Talking about My Girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment