Tuesday, April 11, 2017

NPM #6: I Am Reminded

In celebration of National Poetry Month...writing the Spoken Word...

I Am Reminded

Two meetings, back to back,
Of thoughts, insights, comments, none do lack.
Two meetings, both of which focus
On Him, learning and rejoicing, girl time a bonus.

Then, I am reminded of a prayer now answered.
A need identified when friends seemed to have scattered.
Happily married to The Man, in him such delight.
Yet...
Girl time needed; they seemingly having taken flight,
Each busy with life, drifting, moving, changing.
Emails, texts, calls, no longer exchanging.

So I prayed.

I asked.

Girlfriends to return.  Girlfriends to rediscover,
Needing girl time and relationships such to recover.

This evening:  two meetings, girlfriends greeting.
Some new. Some old.
All precious.
All part of a prayer answered.

Bible study. Women's Ministry Team.
On them, I have learned to lean, to glean, none foreseen.
His timing perfect.  I, He did not neglect.

I am reminded.
Prayers He answers...
If only one asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment