Friday, April 14, 2017

NPM #7: A Good Friday

In celebration of National Poetry Month...celebrating the Spoken Word...

A Good, Good Friday

A four day week, for little did snow did the clouds release.
A four day week, an extra day to our weekend increase.
A four day week, a Good Friday to celebrate:
No school.  This day the Lord sin did dominate.

On this Good Friday, I remember...
The walk.
The women.
The seven sayings.
The body gently placed.
All my sins forgiven, grace and mercy interlaced.

On this Good Friday, I remember...
My job is not finished.
My salvation joy again replenished.
My love for Him never to be diminished
His Light, His Love, His Grace...never extinguished.

On this Good Friday, I remember...
...to spend time with Him.
...He gave time for me.
...for today He gave His Only Son.
...this He did just for me.

Yes...this is a Good, Good Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment