Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A Real Snow Day

Today, we enjoyed a "real" snow day, the first since pre-COVID.  That's right...no AMI (aka Alternate Method of Instruction), as in no emailing students, who for the most part chose not to respect the AMI expectations.  Happy, I am to return to the good ol' days!  Oh, yes, I am.

What does this mean?  A day has now been added onto our school calendar, which is fine with me, as we are out for weeks, even months.  A day, here and there, is such a small gift during our, otherwise, very busy weeks, consisting of many curricular and extracurricular responsibilites, both in school and out, as I am involved in probably more than my share!

I hope the students have enjoyed this "free" day, one that consisted of no homework or deadlines to be met.  I enjoyed the pictures on social media of kids playing in the snow; these days are made for making memories. Definitely.

Personally, I enjoyed finishing reading The Firekeeper's Daughter, making chocolate gravy/biscuits and homemade soup, and taking pictures of this very beautiful snow, such as the one taken on the right standing on my front porch this morning.

Here's to returning to normal, to snow days...and maybe serving hot chocolate tomorrow, as back to school we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment