Tuesday, January 31, 2023

My New Response

Kids. And snow days.

They quickly turn teachers into weather goddesses. Seriously. I even told them that (and took advantage of explaining why goddess is spelled with a “little” g).

Kid after kid, as serious as I have ever heard them, “Mrs. Gillmore, do you think we will be in school tomorrow?”

“Now, listen, I am not for freezing rain…”

“No, but, do YOU think we will be out of school tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

Their bodies just visibly relax…as if I
have a personal connection with Mother Nature (well, I do have connections…and am very thankful for sleet and not freezing rain…so far!).

But…the next time I am asked, I am adding to my response (last week a group of guys wanted the percentage I placed on our getting out…88%…which to them was 100%…personally, I saw that as a wrong answer, as I was 12% off!)…but…back to my new response:

“Yes…just as I know you can, also, make a letter grade higher in my class.”

Yep. Going to push that confidence to the max, going to use my goddess-like powers for more correct percentages than just the weather! Why have I not thought of this before?!
#SnowDayTwo

No comments:

Post a Comment