Tuesday, April 3, 2018

NPM - Poem 3: Mother Nature's Letter

Mother Nature's Letter

Today, 76.
Tonight, 33.
Tomorrow, 54.

Today, windy.
Tonight, stormy.
Tomorrow, sunny.

From this, please allow me to explain,
I rule.
You do not.

Conquer me you have sought,
Your human strengths you brought,
Swimming in my currents.
Climbing my mountains.
Chasing my storms.
Flying from my peaks.
Braving my winds.

For some, I encourage
Your endeavors to flourish.

For some, I decline
Your eternity just defined.

Some say I am
a beast,
a protector,
a formidable foe,
a marvelous mother.
a friend to embrace and enjoy.

I say I am
created,
utilized,
activated,
increased,
decreased,
multiplied,
verified.

For He who made all
Made me at His Call.

My power is not my own.
My power is not yours to own.
At His beck and call, I simply am,
Said the Great I Am.

Blame me if you must.
But
He who made you
Made me from that same dust.

Enjoy me.
Spend time with me.
Be friendly to me.
Rejoice in all that I am.

Yes, friends lets be
spending time together,
in all kinds of weather,
respecting me through my various moods,
yielding to my multiple attitudes,
loving me,
hating me,
enjoying me,
yet always respecting me.

Sincerely,

Mother Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment