Friday, April 6, 2018

NPM - Poem 6 - The Necessary Tools

The Necessary Tools

Gathered around a screen.
Supplies nearby...
Calendar.
Pen.
Phone.
Sticky notes.
Notepad.

Ready.

Gathered around a screen.
One by one the voices arrive.
The faces appear.

"You there?"
"I can see you, but I can't hear you."
"Hello!"
"I'm in my car."

Text messages begin.
"Password needed?"
"Be right there.  I'm running late.  Again!"

Greetings aside,
Business begins.
Decisions to make.
Ideas outbreak.
Traditions to forsake.
Questions to debate.
Awards uptake.
Conference to partake.

Ready?

Sitting in the parking lot.
Under that big light.
Internet connection sought.
There, brains connect to our delight.

Typing.
Scribbling.
Scrolling.

Time flies
15 minutes
30 minutes
45 minutes
An hour...already?

Yes, ready we are,
For, once again,
Technology stars.
There, the group discovered "I can."

I can meet.
I can plan.
I can question.
I can acquisition.
I can coordinate.
I can acclimate.
I just can.

Time for goodbyes.
"It's been great."
"Love talking to you all."
"Until next time."
"Shall we set a date?"

Gathered around a screen.
Connected by a phone.
Bonded with friendship and these machines.
Established there in that work zone.

Thank you, Mr. Internet and Ms. Air Waves.
Our lives too busy; time just saved.
Thank you...this evening you connected...
Friends.
Peers.
Leaders.
Decision makers.
Sisters.
Family
Conference partakers.

Just that simple, you see.
A conference call turns into The Conference.
All planned...just for thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment