Monday, April 1, 2019

Poem 1: I Went Home

Here, I will publish my poems for National Poetry Month!  Excited, I am!
Please join me here for the TG PoeTRY Challenge!   Learn more here.
__________________________________________________________

I Went Home

Today, I felt like I went home
To a place I do not reside.
Are these emotions on loan?
No, too real to not claim as my own.

I stood and gazed.
Excitement continuing to grow.
A window I did praise,
Through which I see many tomorrows.

New faces, former faces.
Smiles, handshakes, and embraces.
Today, I felt like I went home.
Are these emotions just on loan?

No, a permanence I sense,
Solidified by that sense of inner peace.
Years waited as dreams commence
To become reality as expectations increase.

This prayer I prayed
That my last be as my first.
The answer came, with just a short delay,
With grace, not a bit coerced.

Today, I felt like I went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment