Saturday, April 6, 2019

Poem 6: A Rose

Here, I will publish my poems for National Poetry Month!  Excited, I am!
Please join me here for the TG PoeTRY Challenge!   Learn more here.
__________________________________________________________

A Rose

Twinkies, we may be.
Born two weeks a part.
Both now living our destinies.
Teachers of English our part.

Traveling from two parts of the state,
In another state to meet,
Gathered 4000 women,
Just to get our joy on.

Catching up,
Remembering, 
Discussing, 
Clarifying,
Knowing.

Our goals similar:
To raise test scores.
To further discover His Will.
To complete our tasks at His Design.
To plan for future gatherings.
To chat as we gather around food.

Short sessions so treasured.

We part.
Already looking forward, I am
To...
Traveling from two parts of the state,
In another state to meet,
To gather with more women
Determined to get our joy on.

This rose,
She blooms where God
Plants her.
Sends her.
Uses her.
Her spiritual fragrance is sweet for Him.

May I her twinkie be.



No comments:

Post a Comment