Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Poem 2: Gillmore Brownies

Here, I will publish my poems for National Poetry Month!  Excited, I am!
Please join me here for the TG PoeTRY Challenge!   Learn more here.
__________________________________________________________

Gillmore Brownies

Why does chocolate hold such an appeal?
The desires seems so very real!
"Mrs. Gillmore, when are you bringing those brownies?"
"When you earn them, my dear smarties!"

They will work and work,
Brains now on high alert,
For that reward so tasty, you see,
As knowledge gained and so closely contained.

Once told, I was affirmed:
Food, your love language confirmed
By the stacks of brownie mix
Swirled together with teacher love intermixed.

Class by class,
Birthday by birthday,
Chosen by most amass,
These they would certainly eat everyday
If only time and budgets allowed
And if with brownie mix I were endowed.

Why does chocolate hold such an appeal?
"Hunger," you say?
"Maybe", I convey.
More, though, than hunger I am convinced.
Motivation exists, remains fixed,
For they now know The Teacher in them believes.



No comments:

Post a Comment