Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Poem 9: Narnia

Here, I will publish my poems for National Poetry Month!  Excited, I am!
Please join me here for the TG PoeTRY Challenge!   Learn more here.
__________________________________________________________


Narnia

This area I created
As a place to gather and hide
My belongings as they inflated.
My career they glorified.

Or did they?

For that one item kept
Because I might one day utilize
Never have I needed to intercept
My hoarding I do now chastise.

Or should I?

For now Narnia lies depleted.
As weeks passed,
Her item removal completed
My approval unsurpassed.

Or should I plan another?

As this room empties,
Plans began circling
As as this academic year begins to ease,
As a new challenge comes hurdling.

Already, planning.
Already, designing.
Already, hoping,
Already, knowing.

A new Narnia to create.
Smaller.
This time for a shorter stay.
This time, though, I do embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment