Wednesday, April 1, 2015

NPM: Poem 1

In celebration of National Poetry Month, I will attempt to write a poem a day.  Fun!

She Is a Foolin'

The day of jokes and tricksters.
The day of shhhhhh and whispers.
Today, on whom will the jokes be made?
Will I be fooled and my thoughts swayed?

At 1:25, the intercom alive does come,
Calling lads and lasses  to succomb
To Saturday School for tardies galore,
Giving up free time they must deplore.

Then, my firstborn her name was called.
Why, yes, I was a bit shocked and appalled.
Not too surprised, for in the halls she often is,
So her presence has been amiss.

In come students, attempting to warn me,
Preparing me for behaviors simply to shocking.
"She is in trouble; just ask her."
A text I send as I start to murmur.

Arrives she does with a look of shame.
Yes, Saturday School he gave.
My response, with face grim,
"I will make sure you are there at 8 AM."

Then, she smiled,
For with friends compiled,
Her mother she fooled,
She, who was so schooled,
Had been duped.
My thoughts regrouped.
Planning now my revenge.
One year from today on much depends!

No comments:

Post a Comment