Thursday, April 16, 2015

NPM: Poem 16

In honor of National Poetry Month, I am attempting to write a poem a day.  Fun!

How Do You Do What You Do?

How do I do what I do?
Let me tell you...
all because of you and you and you!

I so wish you knew
What motivation you inspire,
even as you inquire.

Let me tell you how I do what do...
because of family: husband and daughter.
As athletes need spotters,
So they support me
With love so strong, ears that often long
For change of topic...yet patiently they endure.
My projects, my ideas, they reassure.

Let me tell you more...
This drive spurred on by friends:
Brenda, Donna, Crystal,
With ideas and dreams entrusted,
We decorate, season by season,
Spurred on by one true reason,
One soul to win, one seed to plant,
Fun, food, and fellowship.

Let me tell you more...
This drive spurred by on by friends:
Rose, Joyce, Glenda, Brenda M,
As off to women's conferences attending,
As the Lord our souls mending.
Learning, singing, worshiping.

Let me tell you more...
This drive spurred on by friends:
Katie, Pastor Kenny, Lisa, Zelpha...and more...
Teaching, leading, defending,
Learning, growing, extending.
Again, one goal:
A soul, a seed,
Even if just one.

Let me tell you more...
This drive spurred on by peers:
Amanda, Justin, Kathy, JimBob...and so many more...
Who, every day, through highs and lows,
Who, every day, through losses and gains,
We teach and grow and inspire and..
Sometimes, tough love just demands
That we teach and grow and inspire.

Let me tell you more...
This drive spurred on by siblings dear:
Judy, Janet, and Joe,
Encouraging, praying for me they expound
As their love does mound.
Asking I do less; proud when I do more.

May I tell you why I do what I do?
I am wife, mother, teacher, friend, sister.
I do because that is just who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment