Friday, April 3, 2015

NPM: Poem 3

In celebration of National Poetry Month, I will attempt to write a poem each day.  Fun!

Baby Jack's Parents

Tonight Baby Jack arrives, but
Before he does, a moment let's spend
Celebrating the friendships of mom and dad
Who, together, created this special lad.

His dad I knew first.
Adopted him I did.
His teacher mom I became.
A Christian.  An Educator.
A Leader.  A Friend.

Then, his mom I came to know.
Both lovers of reading we are.
Both developers of professional growth.
Both wanting more for our WRRC.

These two are special.
My prayers with them now, as
From two, they now grow to three.
With the arrival of this gift,
May God continue to bless them so greatly,
For their love is about to grow, deepen, solidify
By the common gift that will be known as Baby Jack.

On this day, Baby Jack's birth date,
I feel blessed to know dad and mate.
On this day, Baby takes a breath,
And friendships take on a new depth.

Happy birthday, Baby Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment