Friday, April 24, 2015

NPM: Poem 24

In honor of National Poetry Month, I am attempting to write a poem a day.

Hard Lessons

Today, The Girl was fired.
For her misdeeds?
Or revenge?

Face to face,
I listened
To reasons, to rationale.

My teaching motto always:
Be firm.
Be fair.
Be consistent.

The standard:
No bullying.
No lying.

Today, The Girl was fired.
Not for her misdeeds.
For standards I hold too high
For some who cannot, will not reach.

Just let me say, for in the South we do,
"Bless her heart," for with these words,
tacking on other truths, allowed they are.

No?

Probably, no.

In the South,
today,
I must say,
to keep from saying
too much,
Lord, please, just bless her heart.
You will have to bless,
For my wrath must decrease.

Hurt The Girl.
Hurt me.

That revenge?
Stemming from?
My words.
Truthful.
Harsh.

Today, my girl was fired.
Lord, You, please, bless both of their hearts.
The revenger...the young one.

Two hurting.
Mom and Daughter.

Recover we will.
Hard lessons.
Learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment